Below is a short list of books and publications that can aid in research on the history and use of the Warpipe.
1. The Pipes and drums of the London Irish
1906-2006. By George Willis and George P
An excellent history by a father and son
members of the regiment.
2. Clear the Way by Richard Doherty.
The story of the Irish Brigade in WWII.
3. Wild Geese are Flighting by John Horsfal.
The story of the Irish Fusiliers in North
Africa during WWII.
4. The Royal Irish Fusiliers by Henry Harris.
The history of the regiment from its
formation till the amalgamation in 1968.
5. The Faugh a Ballagh Journal.
This was the official journal of the Royal
6. Regiment Magazine. Issue numbers 41
The entire content of both issues was
devoted to the History of the Royal Irish.
7. Regiment Magazine issue number 59.
This issue devoted to the Irish Guards.
8. Irish Regiments in the World Wars by
The title sums it up.
9. The Irish Regiments 1683-1999 by
R G Harris.
Excellent reference for details on every
Irish regiment from past to present.
10. The Irish Guards the First 100 years
1900-2000 by various writers from the
ranks of the regiment.
11. Front of the Line by Colin Gunner.
The WWII exploits of a soldier who
was proud to be tranfered into the
Royal Irish Fusiliers.
12. Fling our Banner to the Wind by Col
Details WWII adventures in Italy.
13. The Micks by Peter Verney. The Story of the Irish
14. Father Dolly The Guardsman Monk by Dom Rudesind
Brookes, Titular Abbot of Sherbourne.
autobiography of the Roman Catholic Chaplain
the Irish Guards in World Wars I